Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Siaming is crucial....

Is it humility? Or just plain stupidity? Why do I let myself get pushed around by people? Yes, they talk about servant leadership - and I believe wholeheartedly in the concept - but what happens when you reach a point where your "leaders" treat you as nothing more than a slave? Do they think that just because they hold an officer's rank, they have the authority to lead? Is it not your men who give you the authority to lead them? But then what about respecting those in authority over you? Does that not imply that their authority is given by a greater body? But if that really was the case, and men really had no choice but to listen to their "leaders", then who is to say if the "leader" is doing the right thing? Do we leave it to him to discern right from wrong? But what if he has neither the wisdom to realize his folly nor the humility to admit it? Are his men to be left suffering for his mistakes?

On the other hand, should I not have faith that in submitting to authority a greater reward awaits? By the way, someone please show me where in the Bible it speaks of submitting to authority...I really can't think of it offhand. Sigh...

If the person who typed a particular quote that at one point in time hung on the board in the ops room is reading this (you know who you are!), you're right... dreaming is indeed wonderful (hey..it's what I'm doing now ain't it?), siaming is definitely crucial (it's what has saved me from more than just a little sai gang which would have driven me nuts if I had done), but arrowing is supreme (I'm not too sure about this though - I'd really hate to be the guy at the receiving end of all the arrows, though, in my opinion, I'm more than a little experienced in that department).

3 Comments:

Blogger Roti PraTa said...

Hello! check out romans 13.. maybe it can help you understand better submitting to authority. yup.. "GIVE UNTO CEASAR WHAT IS CEASAR'S!"

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Cool...thanks bro.

4:06 PM  
Blogger leb said...

hey man, it's caleb. haven't seen or heard from you for eternity. just wanted to let you know that i'm here and i found you! =)let's keep the bass thing going. always. not superficial. take good care. missing the old days, praying for you. music always in your life.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home