Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hitler was actually quite smart....

I've been longing to put in a new post, but couldn't really find the time to until now. And even then I don't have a heck of a lot of it.

Anyway, I think I'd better explain the title of this entry before someone out there arrests me for neo-Nazi activism or whatever it is people get arrested for nowadays. The reason I say Hitler was smart is that he recognised the fact that he could not fight a war on two different fronts. Those of you who are familiar with the history, please correct me if any of my facts are wrong, because it's really been quite some time since I last bothered about them, or if you have a different view that I'm missing.

Germany at the time of World War II, was bordered on the east by Russia and the eastern European countries, and on the west by France, Switzerland and the rest of Western Europe. If Hitler was going to fight a war against all these countries, he knew he would surely lose, which was why he decided to ally with the folks to his right, so he could concentrate on fighting the folks to his left.

Unfortunately, I'm not so smart. I'm fighting wars (or at least small battles) on waaaay too many fronts for my own good - wars with my superiors, colleagues, family both with and of, with myself, my body, my mind...the list goes on. And it's not as if I can really ally with any of the parties - can I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home